Which is not to say I didn't like it at all; River's timefucked backstory was handled really cleverly, and there were a load of nice, subtle touches such as the way Mels' body language with the gun mimicked River's. On a much more shallow level, there was Matt Smith looking vulnerable in evening dress, and Alex Kingston in Those Boots. I just found it a bit frustrating.

Date: 2011-08-30 02:10 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] ar-gemlad.livejournal.com
Yes. This. Also, Hitler is still in a cupboard.

There were quite a few 'squee' moments that seemed only there for the squee (which felt very fan-ficcy) - Rory punching Hitler, the Doctor in evening dress, Rory doing a scene from Indiana Jones, and the Doctor saying 'Doctor Who?' which hasn't happened for a while. Not complaining though :)